The ‘Best Rapper Alive’ speaks for Obour and gave us five reasons why Obour should chair the MUSIGA seat.
He is an experienced musician- 12 yrs of active musicianship with 6award winning albums, working closely with musicians across all the genres(collaborating with gospel(Noble Nketiah) l, hip life(uncountable), highlife(A. B. Crentsil), reggae(Shahsha Marley, Rocky Dawuni) section men(Ackah Blay, Dela Botri, etc) choral music, popular music the list goes on.
1. He has produced other musicians, organized major events and has contributed in so many ways to the development of the music industry. Toured all over Ghana and the world with Ghana music. A musician with this experience is fit to be the leader of MUSIGA
2. He is a visionary- Obour since his birth into the music industry has not ceased to amaze all industry players with the beautiful ideas and effective ways he implements them to fruition.
This can be seen in the numerous first of its kind projects he has executed. He was the first Ghanaian musician to win the World Bank Music for Development Award and the first hiplife musician to be presented with the GRAND MEDAL state honour for Music by the President of the Republic of Ghana. These two awards were in recognition of his efforts at using music to impact on National Development. Till date, his Tour Obour.Com remains among the top success stories of the music industry in Ghana.
3. He is Corporate- Obour understands this modern corporate world and will be the best person to represent the interests of musicians. He is among the few musicians who runs his own office and owns and manages other businesses aside music.
His noble image coupled with his university education makes him a befitting new face for the Musicians Union. He is already doing business with corporate Ghana and the government.
Due to his reliability, databank Foundation invested a $60,000 scholarship package to train him in leadership with the Aspen Global Leadership Network (AGLN) in USA. The British council, an international organization appointed him as a Good will Ambassador for Climate Change in Africa.
4. He is Young and Abreast with time – Obour’s middle age make him the best person to close the gap between the old and younger musicians. MUSIGA under Obour will attract more young musicians who form more than 80% of musicians in Ghana.
5. He has Service Record – His long service to mother Ghana through his music in different ways shows his preparedness to serve. He has single handedly contributed so much to the respect accorded to musicians today through his road safety and Education Campaigns. He has also done service to the musicians union of Ghana where currently he resides as the national youth organizer.
Considering the above factors, I consider Obour as the best candidate for the position of President of MUSIGA. I encourage all delegates who will be voting to vote Obour for a new MUSIGA. A MUSIGA which will be attractive to all musicians and lucrative to practioners.