E.L. grew up in Dansoman, Accra. His interest in music production began at a young age. He started rapping in JSS (Martin de Porres School and Jack and Jill Secondary School), was making beats by Senior Secondary School (Presbyterian Boys Secondary School), and often skipped classes at university to record songs in his bedroom.
After graduating from the University of Ghana, Legon, and completing his national service year, the young artiste began producing music fulltime. Despite the skepticism of close friends and family, E.L. invested all his funds into building his own recording studio so he could focus on a music career. He developed a musical style fusing R&B, hip-hop and alternative genres.
E.L. has produced for major artistes such as V.I.P., Sarkodie, Trigmatic, Asem, Tinny and many more. Earlier this year, E.L. signed with BBnZ Live management, and has since been working on his first album. Throughout his musical career he has helped several artists reach their goals, and performed on many musical platforms. His own album is much anticipated and will be released in December of this year…this is crazy chaleee!!!
• 2009, released first single, Why
• 2010, African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), Best Soundtrack award, A Sting in the Tale
• 2010, Ghana Movie Awards 2010, Best Score Award, Checkmate
• 2011, Ghana Music Awards, Hip-hop Song of the Year award, Get On the Dance Floor,
• 2011, released The Project Hiphop Mixtape with C-Real, which features hit single Weytin de
• 2011, released hit singles, 1Ghana (For Your Pocket) and Obuu Mo
Follow him on twitter: @ELrepGH
[Mixtape] Songs for Girls (Valentines Day Mixtape) – Click here to download entire mixtape